Thursday, October 27, 2011

Things I Miss and Things I don't

Sunrise as seen from my room on the fourth floor of Bowater house.
I admit that since I've moved out of the on campus residence there are a few things that I miss.  For one thing, there were always people to talk to (read eavesdrop) in res and although it sometimes gave me a hard time when I was trying to sleep, it meant that I never felt lonely.  I also miss seeing people in the halls as I walked back to my room.  Even when I had completely different class schedules than my room mate there was always someone whose schedule was similar to mine.  Living in a house off campus, I rarely see my roommates because of the different schedules.  And when they are home for the night I'm usually getting ready for, or already in, bed (you tend to fall asleep early when you wake up at 5am every morning whether you want to or not).  But the thing I miss the most about res is the view from my room.  It always managed to take my breath away.  I also miss only having to walk across campus to get to class, but since it's only a few more minutes to walk from my houseit's not too bad.

What I don't miss is all the house events and parties.  I'm naturally introverted and I like being that way.  If I am going to go to an event I'll go of my own free will because I want to, not because someone told me that I have to go to show support for a house that caused me a great deal of insomnia.  Not that all house events were bad.  In fact I would suggest that anyone living on campus take part in at least half the house events.  However, it was not for me.  I personally don't like staying up late and hanging around in large groups.  Lots of people in a room makes me nervous and I stop talking.  I also have problems relating to people as I don't like most movies, I watch weird (but amazing) shows, I like anime, and I only listen to christian music (along with some classical).  So unless I'm taking the same courses, or another person has the same interests as me it's hard for me to get into a conversation with a stranger.  So, I like living with only a few people.

One problem I have here in this house though is there are four girls that share one shower and every time I have to go brush my teeth at night there's someone in the bathroom!  Anyway, with all that said, I'm off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment