Friday, October 28, 2011

Evil Fever

I woke up this morning looking forward to going to class.  I was supposed to learn about politics in ancient Athens, sex and the politics of reproduction, Australopithecus, the Seleukids, and the ideologies of the industrial revolution.  Instead I'm stuck in bed trying not to pass out.  If you're wondering how bad my fever is, let's just say that I could heat the water for my mint tea with my forehead.  Not that I'm not used to getting fevers, but they usually don't happen without reason.  the reason for this fever happens to be eluding me.

I know that midterms have just passed and I don't have a job, but I've been going through that stress for months now so I don't know why I might be getting a stress fever now.  And although I do like to walk around in the cold in what other people might call "thin clothing" I have never actually gotten sick directly after walking around in the cold.  That and I warm up when I walk no matter what I'm wearing, and my new coat is warmer than my hoodie, even if it's not as flexible.  Then again I do get sick whenever there's a storm around and there was a bunch of wind yesterday.  That could be it.  Or it could be a mixture of all that together.

In any case, my head hurts and I can't stand up without falling over.  I think it's safe to say that staying home in bed for the day is a good idea.  And maybe I'll even have scrambled eggs for lunch.  And even though I can't go to class I can still read my books and take notes from them.  Speaking of which it's time that I start reading about Sparta.  Write to ya laters!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment