Monday, August 30, 2010

Amazing Monopoly Game, Missing Loans and Slight Worries

My family has a new years tradition of playing Monopoly and I won almost every year from the time I was seven to the time I was thirteen.  Then I hit a losing streak.  Of course as I am a very competitive person (I inherited it from my mum) I refused to let myself lose during the last year that I was at home.  Unfortunately, I lost on new years eve and then I lost again when I challenged both of my parents to a rematch.  Not wanting to lose completely, I challenged my mum to a game and something strange happened.  First of all I landed on a majority of the properties, and my mum landed on them right after I bought them.  So it ended up that I had most of the properties and my mum had most of the money.  Well, she had most of the money that wasn't in the free parking.  Oh, just for your information in my family we put the luxury tax and income money along with the chance and community chest charges in the middle and if you land on free parking you get all of the money in the center.  Anyway, I landed on free parking a couple of times and built on the two properties that I could build on (my mum only had one property she could build on) and so I started to wait it out and I was hoping that my mum would eventually pay me all of her money and the game would be over.  However, we passed go too many times and ran out of money.  We then counted our money, properties, and houses and compared our totals.  Both my parents were happy to know that I won by a good $6,000.

That was really fun, but it still couldn't totally take my mind off the fact that I STILL DON'T HAVE MY STUDENT LOAN!!!!!!!!!  I'm starting to worry a bit that it wont come in time.  I have decided that if my loan doesn't come in time then I will go back to high school for another year, if that is possible.  Of course if I can;t go back to high school then I will try to get a job.  Of course as I live in a tiny little town I would probably end up moving up with my great grandparents, or my dad's uncle and aunt.  So although I don't really want to have to go to pan B or plan C, at least I know that I have those options.

Now I have to play the waiting game and pray that my loan gets here some time this week, preferably tomorrow.  Well, I really have no idea who it is that is reading this (besides my parents), but thanks for reading my complaints!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment