Friday, September 3, 2010

My Last Post in BC

Well, this is my last post in British Columbia, unless my flight is cancelled because of the hurricane.  Yes, hurricane Earl is scheduled to hit Newfoundland the day I get there.  Now I'm just hoping that I get a really nice taxi driver who will help me lug my baggage into the university.  Thankfully everyone I have spoken to says that the taxi drivers are great and will help me.  I really hope that it is true.

I'm not really sure what to say.  I wish that I could have seen more people this summer and said good bye, but everyone, including myself, was just so busy that I couldn't figure out a time that suited both of us.  I was doing really well with the thought of leaving tomorrow but then it hit me that this is my last night in my apartment and the last evening that I will be able to spend with my parents.  When I thought of things that way, lets just say that I can barely see the screen right now.  On the bright side, I have many evenings with mew friends to look forward to, and I also have a bag of m&m's sitting beside me giving me comfort in the way that only chocolate can.  I was hoping to finish so many things before I left, but before I knew it there was no time left. 

I have been able to make progress in my lego creation, but I only used half my lego.  I'm hoping to do a bit more tonight, take a picture tomorrow morning, and post it next time.  Or maybe the post after that, it depends how much of my mind university takes over.  I am almost finished a book that I wanted to leave before I left, another hundred pages and I'll be done!  That makes me feel better.

I will admit that I am scared, but the more I think about it the more excited I get!  I think that I will be fine after the first month.  I also feel sorry for my room mate as I will be a complete basket case for at least the first week, but probably the first couple of weeks.  Oh well, by the looks of things I am going to a really great university and all of this will be worth it....I hope..or else this would really suck...

On the topic of universities, I am very glad that I did not go to the local university.  Not there is anything wrong with it, but there are a few things that the university is lacking, most of which has to do with student support, especially first year support.  So, I went to the university today to claim a bursary that I had received.  Now most people who received similar bursaries were actually going to the local university.  However, there is a way to get the bursary even if you are attending another university.  The scary thing is that the head of the Financial Aid and Awards office was unaware of that.  She looked at the paper and then at me then down at the paper again.  Finally she said that I had provided all the necessary documentation and that the money "should be sent to you in the mail sometime".  Wow.  In short, I have no idea if they will actually give me any money.

Well, I believe that I have exhausted all that I have to say, so now I will say good bye.
Good bye crappy apartment.
Good bye parents.
Good bye home town.
Good bye friends.
Good bye all of my wonderful teachers.
Good bye all of the teachers I wish had been more wonderful.(kidding....mostly)
Good bye to the ever changing school.
Good bye bed room.
Good bye wonderful woodland that will probably burn down before I come back.
Good bye junky old computer.
Good bye all those distant relatives I never see.
Good bye all my ancient electronics.
 Hello rest of my life!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment