Tuesday, July 13, 2010

24 Hour Clock, Latin, Registration, Cool Secretaries, and God's Awesomeness!

So, I have been having a fun time with registering for courses.  First of all I had to make a timetable to plan out what I would like to do next year.  So I thought that I had a perfect timetable and everything was going to be perfect.  That would have been true if it wasn't for the fact that the course descriptions had all the times in the twelve hour clock and my worksheet was in a 24 hour clock.  If anyone reading this has ever gone through this process then you know what happened next.  I decided to double check all of the courses I wanted to take, just in case I thought.  It is a very good thing that I am a bit paranoid because I had accidentally put my chemistry lab in the 4-6 pm slot instead of the correct 2-4 pm slot.  This meant that I could not take my elective course, which was history.  Unfortunately, I need five courses in order to get my student loan.  After another bout of panic I finally found a chemistry course that would work.  At the same time I found an elective course that would work.  Any guesses to what that course was?  Anyone?  If you guessed Latin, you are right!  Actually, seeing as I was supposed to take biology but couldn't fit it in, Latin is the next best thing.  At least it will help me in biology later on.

The story doesn't finish there though.  So this morning I got up at four in the morning so I could register for university courses.  For those of you who do not understand why, I live in British Columbia for the moment and in my university is in Newfoundland which is in a different time zone.  This early morning was made even more fun when I could not register for any math courses.  So I had to phone, and the line was busy so I had to hang up and redial, hang up and redial, hang and redial, etc, etc....I finally got a person on the line and I was sent from one department to another, and I was actually helpful!  I got that figured out but then could not register for my chemistry course.  So I had to call yet again, which it terrible for me as I am terrified of the phone, don't ask me why because I don't know.  Turns out that because the BC government is so slow when marking the English provincial exams my transcript hasn't been sent off yet.  Thankfully, I could send off my report card and get a prerequisite waiver so I could get chem courses.  I thought that everything would work out, but then I found out that the two chem classes that I wanted were reserved for engineering students.  I had to figure out another way to get my timetable done.  As usual God made everything better.  In fact the new timetable is even better than the original!  God is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and just to say the secretaries were very nice, and helpful.  As today was the first day of registration they were tried out from everything that was going on, but they were still polite.  Of course I also tried to be as nice as possible so that may have helped a bit.  But overall it was a long, stressful, and good day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment