Saturday, July 10, 2010

Mosquitoes, Duct-tape, Course Confusion, and Doctors

I have officially been eaten alive.  The screen in my room has holes, lots of holes and mosquitoes have an amazing ability of finding these holes.  So my dad fixed the problem with what is probably the most hick solution ever.  What was this solution?  Duct-tape.  Yes, we actually put duct-tape on the screen to cover the holes.  Not the prettiest solution but it works and it's far better than getting twenty bites every night while I'm trying to sleep.  Last night there were about thirty mosquitoes on my screen within about a half hour of the sun starting to set.  By the time the sun was almost fully set there were close to a hundred on my screen trying to get in.  After staring at them for a while I discovered that they were making words with their bodies.  I'm pretty sure that they were spelling GO.  Awww, even the mosquitoes are trying to encourage me,  Or it could be that I was just over tired and brain drained from trying to figure out how to make all my courses work together ina timetable for next year. 

Anywhosels, I have been having so many problems trying to fit biology, chemistry and physics together on the same schedule.  The main problem I'm having is trying to keep at least one day free.  Also it seems that no matter what there is always one lab that runs over another class' lecture or the lectures are all right after each other.  Thankfully I think that after looking at a campus map I have figured out a way to make everything work.  The reason I had to look at a map was so I could see which rooms I would have to run to.  So I have decided that I could run to my physics class right after my chemistry class...I think...Of course even in the worse case scenario I can always take an elective instead of biology and find something interesting that fits into my schedule.  No matter what I do I'm going to be busy for at least ten hours a day five days a week.  Thankfully there are no classes on Saturday or Sunday so I have the weekends free to volunteer, join some groups, do homework, and go to church.  It's still gonna suck though....

So, a couple days ago I went to the doctor's office to get my finger checked out.  It turns out that I was just typing too much one day (when I was doing a quarter of my history course in ten hours) and injured my finger from too must constant use.  The doctor then wanted to get me tested for diabetes again.  So I had to go home and fast all night and in the morning getting bitten by mosquitoes (me screen had not been fixed at that point) just so I could get dizzy and have my blood sucked by a human this time.  Yay.....

Well, I really have nothing else to say and I have to go to town before it gets too hot (another reason I want to go to St, John's, it's only 20 degrees there).  So bye bye!!!!  Hopefully I will be able to start posting once a week from now on, if I remember that is ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment