Saturday, July 10, 2010

Confusing Courses, Happy Hikes, Bad Boyfriends, and Apparently Alliteration

To weeks ago on a Wednesday was the last time I had to step foot into my high school.  Seeing as I am going to Newfoundland for university, I will probably not be able to visit for at least two years.  Since I promised myself that I was not going to lie in this blog I will admit that I was nearly in tears.  Thankfully I was able to hold them in until later, and if you were to see me in the street now and ask me if I almost cried I would deny it.  I don't cry in public, unless I'm having a complete breakdown, or I was just shot, then I might cry....

Anyway, although school may be out I still have courses to do.  Instead of paying for courses in September, I decided to do a few over the summer.  THEY ARE KILLING ME!!!  Both courses require math which is by far my worst subject and so I'm suffering through them.  I thankfully have parents that do not mind me suddenly interrupting their day to complain.  That along with help from the internet will probably be the only way that I will be able to finish.  Of course it would also help if I could concentrate on the courses, but they are sooooooo boring.  I'm pretty sure that they purposely write the courses so anyone who reads them will fall asleep.  To bad I have to continue on with them....  Then again I only have to take one so the other one is going to be dropped.

On a more positive note, I got a book to help me with my calculator or as the company likes to call it a hand held math learning tool.  It literally is the size of a hand held computer, about ten times the size of cell phone.  However it does work wonders, if you know how to use it that is.  I did not have anyone around me that could teach me how to use it so I had to buy a book.  Nothing like a a dummies book to help you figure things out.  So now I have a a new best friend to help em understand my old best friend.  Thankfully the book is not as large as I thought it would be.  Also, the book was written by one the math advisers for the show Numbers.  I guess that he knows what he's talking about.

So, my dad and I went on a hike a week ago and we took some nice pictures.  There was a pretty butterfly on a flower and some really cool wild flowers.  Overall it was just a nice break from school work.  I love taking pictures of the forest and the picture of the sunflower on the left was one of my favourite.  There are tons of those in a field under the trees.  The trees were spread far apart so I guess that there was enough sunlight for them to grow.  It was really surprising actually, I have been hiking around town for many years and I have never seen any flowers like these ones before.  Then again, I probably just never went to the right area of the woods before.  Whatever the reason, I'm glad that I saw it this time, the view was breathtaking.

So, there is a guy in this town that I really don't like.  At first he dated on of my friends, not a really close friend, but I still didn't agree with their relationship.  Now he is going out with one of my good friends.  The worst part is she used to think that he was a creep just like I think he is.  I'm starting to wonder if he can brain wash girls into dating him, or maybe there are just too many desperate girls in this town.  I mean I know how one could become desperate, it's not there are many choices in a small village.  Still, considering that all of my friends are older than me it means that we are about to move out of this town and get on with our lives.  I don't think that we should start out the beginning of the rest of our lives with a bad relationship.  Oh and for the record, she knows how I feel which is exactly why she didn't tell me and even avoided the question.  Oh well, all I can do is pray and try not to offend her too much.  

So, now that I've caught up on this blog (I started it a week ago but just now finished) I need to start on the next one.  Bye for now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment