Monday, January 3, 2011

Goodbye 2010, Hello Long Lineups (And First Blog of the Year!!!)

Finals, Christmas, and New Year's have come and gone, but I did not write a blog.  I'm sorry.  I got so overloaded with finals and then catching up on lost sleep that I kept forgetting to write.  I also had nothing to really write about.  However, as there are lots of changes happening tomorrow I thought that I should bring you all up to speed.

Firstly, winter semester is about to begin.  In three short days (okay, three and a half) I will be back in stuffy lecture halls and even stuffier laboratories.  Unfortunately I did fail a class.  Surprisingly it was only one class.  Some of you may think that me even failing one class would be surprising, but the amount of adjusting I had to do really threw me off, well that and having to eat the "food" they serve me here.  Due to this failure, I had to rework my schedule.  Although I am not taking all the classes I want I did manage to put Latin back in, which makes me unbelievably happy.  The fees surrounding this semester I don't like as much. Firstly, there is a certain form one must fill out in order to get a BC student loan sent to you.  There was no mention of this until today..... BC may be beautiful, but the government is apparently trying to kill university students...

Secondly, I am moving to a new house.  The house in residence that I am currently living in needs to be renovated so everyone here is moving to a newly renovated house.  The only bad part about this situation is there are just under 100 people who need to move within two days.  Not only does everyone have to move in, we all have to move our stuff from one house to the other.  So there are going to be a few hectic days of running from one house to the other.  To think, it all starts tomorrow.  Everyone gets to be in a long line just so they can get to their rooms and then stand in another long line the next day to pay off their fees.  Anyone who knows what universities are like knows that the line for the cashiers office the first day it's open is very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very long.

Thirdly, I have some new year's resolutions.  I rarely make resolutions and I even more rarely keep them, but I thought that these were important
1. I will attend every lecture regardless of boredom unless I pass out or have chronic stomach problems, in which case I will go to the doctor's.
2.I will more carefully read the ingredients of all the food I buy in order to ensure that there is no soy and will give up eating any products containing soy.
3.I will exercise with my friends at least once a week, even if it means that I must play tennis.
4.I will try to eat at more regular times and eat proper portions of food.
5.I will attempt to go to bed before 10pm every night and wake up by at least 7am every morning.
This is the longest list of resolutions I have ever made.  None of them are particularly difficult, but if I am able to do all of these things I think that I'll be healthier and happier.

I have no more to say other than merry Christmas and happy new year to those who I haven't talked to, and I will try to write at least once every week... Okay to be realistic, every other week.  To be honest I don't think that they will be as long as this one, but that's because this is my first blog of 2011!!!!  Oh, there's an idea.... how about I aim to write over 100 blog entries this year!!!!  That's what I'm going to do!!!  Make sure to cheer me on, okay?

1 comment: