Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Reaction

I was talking with a few people and somehow we got talking about Jesus (which usually ends up happening!).  Then someone asked how we would react if Jesus showed up in front of us.  The most common answer was that they would be shocked and not know what to do.  I said that it would depend on which role he showed up as.

If Jesus showed up and was plainly in the role of Lord at the moment I would most likely fall on my face (either on purpose or because I tripped in surprise) and start to worship him.  I think that in the role of Lord, Jesus would deserve the best I could manage in a shocked state. However, if he showed up in the role of Father I would immediately feel guilt at everything I had done and ask for forgiveness.  I don't really have any good reason for this other than that if Jesus showed up in all his glory I feel that every wrongdoing I had done would come back into my mind.  Of course, being God he would be able to forgive me and I would probably give him a hug (yes, he is the creator of everything, but as he is also my father I feel fine wanting to give him a hug).  Lastly if he showed up in the role of a friend I would definitely run up to him and give him a hug!  I had some shocked reactions at this answer but I don't care; I will respect and obey God in all his roles but as my friend and father I feel comfortable giving him a hug.  Of course I wont be able to do any of this until I die, but I feel that this is the sort of act that I will take in heaven (lots of hugs, or whatever equivalent there is).

Just as a note when I say which role Jesus would take I mean what actions he would be performing at the time.  When reading the bible I noticed that Jesus took on all three roles (and since Jesus and God are one God takes on all three as well) and you can tell which role he was in depending on what action he was taking at the time.  Oh and if he was in the role of teacher I would listen, for hours or days or weeks!!!!

Of course God can do so much more but I'm not sure how I would react in those situations (other than be shocked and somewhat terrified).
   

No comments:

Post a Comment