Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Boredom

There is nothing to do... I've applied to every store that's hiring or will be hiring within the next few months.  Now all I have to do is walk around a few times a week to make sure people remembers I applied and check for any new "help wanted" signs.  For the moment I have nothing to do.... I'm so bored!!!!  I've even gone so far as to rearrange my room multiple times to pass the time.  On the bright side, I have this room as good as it's going to get without moving the broken furniture.  However, now I have nothing else to do....  I'm considering re-reading all my books and then going to get more from the library.  And of course, I'm still waiting for my loan application forms.

It's times like these when  I wish that I had tv.  At least I could mindlessly pass some time watching the news or something.  Well, I could always go and take pictures of the city, but, right now at least, that's out of the question due to a painful headache.  Oh what I wouldn't give to have a chat with some of my friends back home.  Or make some good friends here...

After thinking about it for a while, I realized what my problem with making friends is.  I tend to become friends with people who have similar interests as me.  Unfortunately most of my interests are solitary activities.  For instance, I can't make friends playing video games because the games I play are offline, single players games.  Also I can't make friends while reading a book because I prefer to read in a quiet place where there aren't too many people.  I have been told to join a book club but the problem with that is there are no book clubs that I know of that read the types of books that I like.  I love books that have insights into real life while pulling the reader into a fantasy world.  and of course I have other standards as well such as it has to have clean language, no sex and can't be focused on the use of magic. I also despise romance novels.  A majority of them are predictable, shallow and make a mockery of what God intended love to be.  So if anyone knows of any book club that reads decent books, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment