Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Oh Colds

I hate having a cold.  I'd much rather have a stomach flu.  When you have a cold people think that it's not that bad and expect you to keep going on with life as normal.  At least when you vomit no one wants you to go to school and they make you take time off.  On the bright side I only have to go to class for one more day this week and then I get the weekend to rest, relax, and get ahead on my class readings and research papers.

On and even brighter note, I made a bunch of soup from sale veggies (they were going bad and were half price) and some meat I had in the freezer.  I'd say that there's about one piece of meat in each bowl.  It's not perfect, but it's probably one of the best meals I could be eating right now.  In any case it's better than the pancakes' I've been eating.  I was going to make bread but I didn't think I could stay awake long enough to take the paddle out of the machine before the loaf baked.  So I ended up making pancakes, it's kind of like bread...... it has flour......

But I managed to clean my room, catch up on readings, make some food, and do laundry before I got sick so I'll be able to survive about a week of barely getting by.  I've done it before and I'll do it again.  Oh the joys of living away from home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment